Virgin Epson Pro 3880

Today I purchased a refurbished Epson 3880 from the US Epson clearance store. I plan on installing the new Piezography Pro inks and never installing any other inks.

Should I be able to do that and expect the printer to initialize the printer nozzles just as though I had used OEM color inks.?

As I said (or implied) I never plan to make this a color printer since I have 2 other Epson 3800 printers which I will use for color printing.

Thanks,

Don Bryant

Technically, if they refurbished it properly - you should be able to. Keep the color carts until you verify that through nozzle check and alignment. You will need OEM chips - we do not have all positions right now… call us on Monday to find out what we do have… they are $20 each.

Ask around - beg, borrow or steal a set of used empty OEM carts to harvest your chips from.

Then you can sell your OEM carts for about $425 on eBay!

Thanks. I forgot about needing 3880 cart chips. Realistically it maybe summer before I get this all together.

[QUOTE=jon;12957]Technically, if they refurbished it properly - you should be able to. Keep the color carts until you verify that through nozzle check and alignment. You will need OEM chips - we do not have all positions right now… call us on Monday to find out what we do have… they are $20 each.

Ask around - beg, borrow or steal a set of used empty OEM carts to harvest your chips from.

Then you can sell your OEM carts for about $425 on eBay![/QUOTE]

Will the chips from an Epson 3800 ink cart work on the Epson 3880?

Just curious, if so I’m all set since I have quite a few ‘empty’ OEM 3800 carts.

Thanks,

Don Bryant

Don,

You can use all but the M and LM. You will need instead the VM and VLM.

[QUOTE=jon;12963]Don,

You can use all but the M and LM. You will need instead the VM and VLM.[/QUOTE]

Okay great thanks again Jon.