PiezoFlush Mess

So my R3000 has been dormant for a year and I’ve been running initial charges with the PiezoFlush cone “battery” cartridges. I also have a waste ink bottle attached. Unfortunately, one of the lines to the waste bottle separated from the printer and PiezoFlush everywhere. Several Quetions:

Any way to remove the stains in carpet?
The foam pads inside my Epson R3000 towards the back and bottom are saturated with Piezo Flush. Where Can I buy replacements for them?
I think I might have some air in the lines. How do I purge them out?

Should I just dump this printer and get a p800?

Thanks

Try concentrated SimpleGreen. This is a good ink-remover.

The foam pads are built never to come out although there are some intrepid you-tubers who have worked it out. It requires time and screw-drivers so this might not be your cup of tea. If you re-connect the lines and do another init-fill you should be good enough to print with but you may want to let the printer sit on a towel for a while. It’s built not to harm electronics even if the pads are saturated.

Did air get into the lines due to running carts totally dry or not priming the cartridges? Do you see air bubbles when you hold a flashlight against the lines (it’s a hard printer to verify air bubbles w/). Topping of the carts and running 1 init-fill or a series of nozzle cleanings will purge the air.

The R3000 is basically the same printer as the newer P600 (same printer and just a slightly updated head and more finicky paper loading on the P600.)

best,
Walker

So I did everything I can to clean out the print head. PiezoFLush in carts for 48 hours after an initial charge. The paper towel soaked in PiezoFlush, etc… I ddi the nozzle test print over and over to see if there were improvements, and there were. However, I still have 3-4 squares with white multiple think white lines across them. What causes that?

Late reply, my apologies.

The squares generally point to air still being in the damper assemblies and nozzle channels. This can take a while to work out and requires some constant humidity and several days. Generally a clean and then a sit and then a clean the next day and then a sit. This slow work does wonders.