HD Photo ink problems

We just switched our 9900 over to the HD photo black ink. Ever since we made that switch, the printer is constantly running cleaning cycles and complaining about clogged nozzles even though the nozzle check is perfect. Is there something about the new HD ink that is incompatible with AID on the 9900? This printer was working fine with the regular photo black ink.

I assume your primed the cartridge? If a bit of air is in the line this would create an issue.

That said, I suggest turning auto-cleaning off. The auto-cleaning sensor gets dirty and the printer can go into a spiral of auto-cleans. This printer in-particular (OEM or non) has that problem.

-Walker

[QUOTE=walkerblackwell;13267]I assume your primed the cartridge? If a bit of air is in the line this would create an issue.

That said, I suggest turning auto-cleaning off. The auto-cleaning sensor gets dirty and the printer can go into a spiral of auto-cleans. This printer in-particular (OEM or non) has that problem.

-Walker[/QUOTE]

You seem to have missed the point here. The machine was working perfectly until the HD ink was put in. We have been using your cartridges and ink for a couple of years now, so we know how to prime them. It wasn’t until I printed a large black sheet with the new ink that the issues started happening. What is different between the HD ink and the regular PK?

There is no difference between the two inks (PK-HD is in 100s of printers at the moment and no problem, in fact in our own test lab we have it in 12 printers and it clogs less than OEM PK) but printing a large black sheet without proper head height (platen gap) could very well have cause excess paper flakes and contact/smear on the print-head itself.

I think the actual problem is that. You need to actually wipe off the head and do 1 power cleaning on the PK channel to prime the o-rings from the cartridge through the damper assembly.

Instructions in videos at the bottom of this page: http://piezography.com/print-head-cleaning-tips

best,
Walker