Error 1537

I just installed refillable carts in my Epson 7900. Now I get the error message 1537 and to call for service. What does this error message mean and what can be done to correct it and get it back up and running.

This is a pressurization error. Wells told me you called and reported having a difficult time getting the carts to seat into the printer.

Please turn your printer off then back on after a minute. If it starts up and displays “READY” on the LCD panel, try making a test print. If you get the error message again, open both cartridge bay doors and check all your carts to make sure none are leaking, then reinstall and make sure the back of all carts are level with each other before closing the cartridge bay doors, and the printer should then read the chips and pressurize the carts. If the error returns, please check the carts by following the procedure below. To determine which refillable cartridge is causing the pressurization problem, open the two cartridge bay doors, unlock and remove the set of refill carts, then install the set of Epson carts. Trick the printer into thinking the doors are closed by raising the white plastic levers in the door locking area. The printer should read the cartridge chips, then pressurize the carts. Listen for the pump sound, and if it doesn’t come on, lower the white locking lever of one side chamber (to make the printer think the cartridge bay door has been open), remove one cart and install the refill cart in the position, then raise the white lever again to “close” the door. Listen for the pump sound. If it doesn’t cycle on after about 30-60 seconds, repeat this procedure with the next cartridge, going thru each one. When the repeated pump sound starts, it’s likely caused by the last cartridge you just installed. If you discover a cartridge that isn’t pressurizing correctly, lower the white cartridge bay door lever to make printer think the cartridge bay door was opened (to stop pressurizing), remove the suspect cart and install another cart in it’s position, raise the white door lever again and listen for the pump to make sure the printer can sit idle for at lest 30 seconds without the pump cycling on again.

Let me know your results, if you have questions, or there’s anything else I can help you with.
Best regards~ Dana :slight_smile:

1 Like

[QUOTE=Dana-IJM;1969]This is a pressurization error. Wells told me you called and reported having a difficult time getting the carts to seat into the printer.

Please turn your printer off then back on after a minute. If it starts up and displays “READY” on the LCD panel, try making a test print. If you get the error message again, open both cartridge bay doors and check all your carts to make sure none are leaking, then reinstall and make sure the back of all carts are level with each other before closing the cartridge bay doors, and the printer should then read the chips and pressurize the carts. If the error returns, please check the carts by following the procedure below. To determine which refillable cartridge is causing the pressurization problem, open the two cartridge bay doors, unlock and remove the set of refill carts, then install the set of Epson carts. Trick the printer into thinking the doors are closed by raising the white plastic levers in the door locking area. The printer should read the cartridge chips, then pressurize the carts. Listen for the pump sound, and if it doesn’t come on, lower the white locking lever of one side chamber (to make the printer think the cartridge bay door has been open), remove one cart and install the refill cart in the position, then raise the white lever again to “close” the door. Listen for the pump sound. If it doesn’t cycle on after about 30-60 seconds, repeat this procedure with the next cartridge, going thru each one. When the repeated pump sound starts, it’s likely caused by the last cartridge you just installed. If you discover a cartridge that isn’t pressurizing correctly, lower the white cartridge bay door lever to make printer think the cartridge bay door was opened (to stop pressurizing), remove the suspect cart and install another cart in it’s position, raise the white door lever again and listen for the pump to make sure the printer can sit idle for at lest 30 seconds without the pump cycling on again.

Let me know your results, if you have questions, or there’s anything else I can help you with.
Best regards~ Dana :)[/QUOTE]

How do you open the ink cartridge bay doors with the error message on the LCD panel?

you can pry the doors open using your finger tip (or flat screw driver) in the tab on top of the cartridge bay door.

If you follow the instructions and install one refill cart at a time, then see how the printer responds, you should be able to easily find which cartridge is causing the pressure loss. When you install a cartridge, and the printer starts pressurizing constantly- then you know that’s the culprit. Reinstall the Epson cart in this channel, and continue installing refill carts one at a time to make sure there are no other issues. Let me know if you have any questions, or what cartridge position you discover to be causing the pressurization error, and we will immediately send you a replacement, which I will personally pressure test before shipping to you.

Keep me posted, best regards~ Dana :slight_smile:

What do you do when you find a cart that won’t pressurize?

[QUOTE=Dana-IJM;1979]If you follow the instructions and install one refill cart at a time, then see how the printer responds, you should be able to easily find which cartridge is causing the pressure loss. When you install a cartridge, and the printer starts pressurizing constantly- then you know that’s the culprit. Reinstall the Epson cart in this channel, and continue installing refill carts one at a time to make sure there are no other issues. Let me know if you have any questions, or what cartridge position you discover to be causing the pressurization error, and we will immediately send you a replacement, which I will personally pressure test before shipping to you.

Keep me posted, best regards~ Dana :)[/QUOTE]

Hi Dana,

It’s the green cart that’s giving me problems. I noticed yesterday that it is cracked.

Steve

Thanks for letting me know- a crack in the outer plastic shell will certainly cause a pressure loss. We will send you a replacement right away!

Please let me know if you have questions or there’s anything else I can help you with.
Best regards~ Dana :slight_smile:

New green cart is in and pressurized. Made some test prints and everything is working great.
Thanks for your help. Steve :slight_smile:

Excellent- I’m glad to hear the new cart arrived and solved the problem!

Best regards and happy printing~ Dana :slight_smile:

Hi, I posted about this problem, an error 1537, yesterday at a different place. But this answer sorted me out. I had butter on my fingers and forgot to to replace the refill cap on the Green tank. Found it in the plastic packet, put it in and now everything is fine. Just completing the Initial Fill with the Piezo flush and hopefully after 48 hours my problems will be sorted out.