Gloss Optimizer Process

Hello! This is more of an Epson printer question, but I’m hoping someone can shed some light on this.

When I go to sheet feed my 7890, for the GO print, I keep getting paper errors, as if it cannot or won’t grab or read a printed surface. I get thos same message on select papers - generally the papers with OBAs and have that kind of coating.

For now, I’m only concerned about my prints that loaded fine for printing, but can’t get the printer to re-accept for the GO process. I’ve tried a number of printer settings (adjusting for standard or wide media) but still the same “paper load error.”

Any tips on this?

Raphael

Hi Raphael~

You will need at least 2" top and side margins around the image so the printer sees white paper, and feeds the sheet. If the image is too close to the edges, the printer’s sensor sees the printed area, and gives a paper load error.

I hope this helps.
Please let me know if you have further questions or there’s anything else I can help you with.

Best regards~ Dana :slight_smile:

Hi Dana, I thought I had solved the GO 7890 issueby some printer settings, but the success I had was fleeting. Any new tips or tricks to get the GO to work on the 7890?

R

After several stalled techniques, I may have found a steady fix. In my reading for tips though, I discovered a communication issue in one of your workflows. Or at least one I misunderstand. Regarding the GO process you recommend, in one sentence, to tape a leader. However, in another sentence, the instruction is to leave a bigger border at the top of the print.

Tonight, on my 7890, with a series of niche QTR settings and printer settings, leaving a 3 inch border, at the TOP of the sheet (not the feeding edge) yields good a GO process. But, I have to keep working this technique and hope it is the “real deal,” in a solution.

On another note… my colleague and I are loving 2 and/or three passes of GO! We’ve done this to just test the GO issue with the 7890, but have found out there’s good look and feel with more than one GO pass. Would you suggest I just should adjust the GO output in a custom GO curve? I’m not techy enough to do this though!

Raphael

I’m glad leaving the 3" margin is giving you good GO results, and I hope it continues.

What paper(s) are you printing on? We formulated the 30,000 GO curve we supply after testing different amounts of GO on different glossy paper surfaces, and found it works well on most papers, though some look better with a bit more GO, or a second layer of GO. I have found the results look different if you print one layer of 60,000 GO vs. two coats of 30,000 GO- I prefer the look of two coats of the lesser amount on papers such as Canson Baryta Photographique and Epson Exhibition Fiber.

Best regards and happy printing~ Dana :slight_smile: